Monday, March 7, 2011

Hopelessness!!!

This past year I have parked by many cars that are full of clothes, food and pillows and blankets.  I stop and think about the person and wonder did they lose it all and this is all they have?  Hopelessness can overcome you and rob you of your JOY!  Around Christmas time I was driving in a parking lot at the stores and I saw this homeless man that looked so weary and tired. As I drove past him God told me to give him the cash that I had in my purse.  (by the way I never have cash, and I did that day)  And to tell him that God told me to it.  WHAT LORD??????  I said Okay God if I see him again.  So the kids and I walked into Target and I didn't see him anyway, so I thought well Maybe he is fine.  Then I turned and saw him starring at the Christmas greeting cards that Target received from others.  He was reading them and touching them as if they were for him.  I stopped and got very nervous.  Alexis said, "MOMMY why are we just standing here?" I told her what God wanted me to do and she said, "Well go do it mommy." I hesitated for about three minutes.  Then I walked over to him and looked into his hurt, tired eyes and said, "excuse me Sir I saw you and God told me to give this to you." He looked at me and then looked at what I handed him and he started to cry and said thank you so much! I walked away amazed at what God did that day.

Hopelessness. Stock Photo - 4082737Yesterday God did it again!!! I was down in Laguna Beach and again I had cash on me for some reason.  I was going one way and decided to totally change my route and turn around.  I did and I stopped at a gas station.  As I was sitting there getting gas I watched this lady come out of the bathroom and she was carring her clothes, and she looked weary and hopeless. She walked very slowly as if she was in so much pain.  She walked over to her car that was full of belongings that were very nicely put into the car.  As she started to put her things away her husband got out of the car and carried his clothes to the bathroom.  I just starred at them and again I heard God tell me to give them money.  I was in shock!! REALLY LORD?  Yes Chela do it! I said what if they are just traveling I don't want to offend them. But I knew in my heart they were not.  So as I drove away I pulled up right next to her and I rolled my window down and asked her if they were traveling and she said, "no, we are kind of homeless." That is when I said to her, "here I have something for you. " I handed her some money and said, "The Lord told me to do this." She started crying and in a very weak voice she  said, "Thank you so much!"

As I drove home I listened to worship songs and just prayed and thanked God for so many things. I thanked him that I get to go home to be with  my family in my cozy home that the Lord has provided for us.  I thanked him for changing my course that day.  I thanked him for his amazing love that he pours out to people daily.  We live in a society that is so involved in themselves that if we could just open our eyes and see the hopelessness that is around us and offer HOPE to those that feel hopeless.  God loves us all and I love that we can share his love in so many ways.  How are you going to offer HOPE to someone this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment