Monday, August 9, 2010

In my email today!! A little Inspiration!!

 
Heart to Heart with Holley
I rest my head on the pillow without much rest in my heart.
To-do's swirl around in my mind.
Tasks fall heavy on my shoulders.
I silently pray, "Lord, give the grace for me to carry all of this."
It seems I hear a whisper in response, "Ask instead for the grace to let Me carry you."
I once saw a child carrying a rock too big, determined to take it home. Sweat beading, little feet laboring. Then Daddy came and swooped up His girl. Joy. Giggles. Grace.
She still held the rock but it no longer weighed her down because someone held her.
I fall asleep with a smile...thoughts as light as love.
For more encouragement visit Heart to Heart with Holley. And to get free devotionals sent to you from Holley just 
Subscribe by Email.
 
 
Heart to Heart with Holley
We feel the weight of the hours, the to-do list, the "I shoulds" and our shoulders ache, our minds race. We tell ourselves, "It's all too much."
Then there is an answer, deep within, calling first for all who are weary to come and then reminding us gently, I AM.
Because in the middle of our circumstances...
the ticking of the clock,
the spinning of the wheels,
there is one deepest fear.
It's that we won't be enough; we'll falter under the weight of it all. And if we do, then we won't be loved. Yes? You've heard that too?
Friend, it isn't true. Hear words of grace instead...
You are enough in Him
because He is enough in you.
I have made you and I will carry you.--God (Isaiah 46:4)
For more encouragement visit Heart to Heart with Holley. And to get free devotionals sent to you from Holley just 
Subscribe by Email.

No comments:

Post a Comment