Monday, September 3, 2012

Getting ready for the New School year... Spiritually!




Alexis and Eli.  Two amazing little people that God has blessed Jimmy and I with.  When Alexis was in the 2nd grade and invited to go on a brownie field trip I hesitated.  I was so fearful of what could happen to her.  When I felt the fear in me building up I called out to God and asked him for guidance.  The Lord clearly said to me, "she is mine and I have her in my hands. Whenever you are not with her I am always with her.  She is my child your gift.  Do you TRUST me Chela?"  If I let my fear rule over my children then I would rob them of so many life experiences and I would not be trusting in what God could do.  From that time on I knew that my babies were in his hands everywhere they went. This past summer I had a lot quiet time with the Lord and he spoke to me about my children.  He laid this on my heart to do this special thing this year and I can't wait to do it.  I bought two little spiral journals that I put their names at the top and wrote what their name means and two key verses that I felt were just for them and verses that I wanted to pray over them.  I am going to write to them prayers, things I see in them, mommy love notes and memories and lessons learned in this new school year.  I am so excited to see all that God has before my children.  I am excited to watch them grow into amazing servants of God.  In 10 years from now they can go back and read these notes and cherish them and hold them tight and see what God planned for them.  I am Excited! Thank you God
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment