Friday, July 6, 2012

Those storms!




I saw this quote and it made me think! Some storms in life can knock us down.  But how far are your roots? When I think of a storm I think of the loud thunder, crazy wind, and me stuck inside.  We usually have heard the forecast and knew it was coming so we buckle down.  But sometimes there are those crazy storms that hit you fast and hard and you are in the middle of the Flash flood.  What do you do then?

On a spiritual note I have had little storms in life that I thought I was totally prepared for.  I thought my roots went in deep  and I thought I could take it, but after the storm I realized I was so not ready for that storm to hit.  I walked away with some broken branches and I was stuck all alone!  I did hide in my house thinking I may be safer here.  I know that the deeper my relationship goes with the Lord the better I will stand in a storm.   I  have realized I should not be alone and I will reach out to those that I know will pray for me, and lift me up, and encourage me.  I may sway back and fourth a bit. I may get wet, but my roots are strong in the ground. Thankful that I have the word of God to plant my roots in!  Storms just make us stronger.

1 comment: