Thursday, January 5, 2012

Just 12 years old......


Just 12 years old and 50,000+ know her life story.  A little Girl that was not afraid to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  A little girl that went boldly before others and shared Christ’s love.  Her Name is Jessica Joy Rees.  I have been following her on facebook and we also live in the community she does so many people around here know her personally.  I have read her updates on her chemo and I have looked at all her pictures as she fought this battle.  I have prayed for her and her family and I have found great JOY in seeing what she has done for others.  Today she passed away and two things have been racing in mind and Heart.  
  • How overwelming that pain must be to lose your child.  Just the thought of it takes my breath away. My heart is broken for her Mom and Dad. 
  • Also on my Heart WOW!!! She ran into the arms of her maker.  She was greeted with, “Job well done my good and faithful servant. “ She is whole again and suffers no pain, but great JOY!!!   
AS I followed this little Girl her faith was so unbelievely strong in Christ! I know many lives have been changed because what she has stood for.  Now I ask myself this question.  I am 35 years old and how am I reaching the lost?  How am I spreading the JOY? What is it that I can do for HIM? We all are running this race.  What are you running for?  I pray when I cross that finish line he will say the same to me. 
My prayers are with the Rees family.  I have never met them and I pray that one day I will. I know that Jessica’s life and testimony will live on for many years and that her JOY will be spread to the ends of the earth.  I pray that I am laying those foundations for my Children that Her mom and dad did for her.
Her Parents left this song on her wall and I  listened to and Cried for so many reasons.  Watch the first Video and then watch the second of the song.


The Words take your breath away!!! 
How and What are you going to do to make it different this Year?

Jessica was just 12 and she was about her Father's buisness! Her Heavenly Father!
Just like Jesus said at 12 years old that he MUST BE about his Father's Business!!!


Chela......




No comments:

Post a Comment