Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Little Man

Well so many of you have asked about Eli and how he is adjusting to life as a 1st grader.  Well I would have to say he is doing great!!  We were a bit concerned at the beginning because is about a year younger then the rest of his class, but honestly he is doing great holding on  just fine.  


Every Monday I have the honorof working in his classroom and I love it.  I was curious to see how he would act if I was in his classroom and I was shocked!!  He was so well behaved and neve missed a beat.  I get to see how he interacts with his other classmates and how well is he adjusting to sitting at a desk longer then kinder.  He loves school and loves his friends.  He is always right up front listening and taking it all in.  The other night he heard Jimmy and I talking  I said a word that reminded him of something that he learned in school and he talked about and shared with us what the word meant!!!  I was blown away.  One of Eli favorite things to do is to buy lunch and he just thinks it is so cool and a lot of fun.  I am so proud if him and his effort that he is making as a big 1st grader.   Eli you are such an amazing little Guy and we are so proud of you!!

1 comment:

  1. That's great he is doing well? How old is he, you said he is a year younger than most of the 1st graders. Madeline and James both missed the birthday cut off here in TX, so Madeline turns 6 this December as a Kindergartener...and when James starts school in a few years he will be turning 6 that September as a Kindergartener.

    BTW love the new look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete