Sunday, September 20, 2009

First day of School


So the summer is over and the first day of school was here.  This is a big year for me (mom) because both kids are in full time.  8:15-2:35.  Crazy!!!  I thought this day would never come.  As a young mom I thought I would have a screaming kid on hip forever.  But all that has passed and my baby is a full time student.  They both are doing well and loving their teachers.  Eli was excited to be a first grader and play on the big kid playground and his new thing this past week was buying lunch.  He is loving first grade.  Alexis loves school she always has.  She has a great group of girls that are her friends and she really has enjoyed her teacher.  It was so fun to see them both just go right into their classroom and feel so comfortable.  I love that they have that independent spirit about them.  Well we have been in school now for two weeks and it has been a lot of fun.  Alexis already has her firs report due and we love those.  Eli has come home with a little bit of homework to work on his fine motor skills.  I am just so thankful for such a great school and the teachers that we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment