Wednesday, May 1, 2013

What consumes you?

These past 3 weeks I have been challenged to look at what consumes me and my time.  In April I was challenged during my quiet time to fast.  I have never fasted before and so I decided that I  would love to.  I asked the Lord what shall I fast.  He said Facebook and Instagram.  What? It was spring break and the Instagram girl that I am I wanted to share all the fun we were having on spring break. I also wanted to be obedient to the Lord. I ask the lord why those two things. Well those two things CONSUME your time.  So I did.  It was awesome! I felt like I had added hours to my day.  I was much more focused on other things.(my quiet time, exercising, time with friends, my business)  I wasn't on my phone every time I had free and every time I thought about it I would start praying.  On my heart during my fast was my husband.  I prayed for him.  Since that time I have had less desire to be on the computer.  I have had more time reading, organizing, and adventures with the kids.  Jimmy and I have had a great conversations in the evening while we are settling in for the night.  So my question to you is what consumes you? Is it the TV, a game, FB, IG, video games, pinterst, the computer, new apps, WHAT??
I am learning that I need to focus my attention in other places.  That my phone doesn't always have to be with me. I am not really missing out on anything, but I am gaining so much more. Yes I am still on FB and yes I am still am on IG but I am not letting it consume my time.  People don't need to know my every move and what I am doing.
I am so thankful that I came to this Revelation because I needed it.  I am excited to see all that God has before me and my family.




Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Loved this post! We all need to remember this and look at our lives to see what is consuming us. This is what God spoke to me back in November (to slow down) and since then, I have LOVED taking the time for God, myself, hubby and the kids. There are so many distractions in life and so many things that consume us but we must stop and realize what God wants us to be doing. I love you friend!!!

    ReplyDelete