Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A night away is always good.

So this past weekend Jimmy and I went away with our church for a Marriage Retreat and it was awesome!!  I know that I married an amazing man but when we get times like this I am reminded on how amazing he is!  I will always remember praying for my spouse when I was in college, and I kept the list of things that I wanted in a spouse in my Bible and I prayed for it. TaDa the Lord answered my every wish and more.  Jimmy is such a hard worker and does this so that I can be home with the kids.  He goes over the top to make things happen and he is  a great daddy!!  As we sat there and prayed together I truly got to hear his heart. It was so beautiful.  This June we will celebrate our 12 year wedding anniversary and I can't believe that. These past years have been fabulous.  We have had two kids, purchased our own home, Jimmy has been promoted, traveled, invested in our church, made new friends and have deepened those relationships that we cherish.  It has been awesome!!!  So these are a few things that I thought about as we sat and listened to our guest speakers.  Thankful for what I have and thankful for what we are going to experience down the road.  I know that it will be rough at times but I also know that we don't walk this path alone.  Thankful that  God is the center of our marriage.

" A Cord of three strands is not quickly broken." 
Ecc. 4:12

1 comment: